24 November 2010

Rubi, Rubi, Rubi!



It seems that it hasn't really been my week this week when it comes to fashion, that is. Firstly I loose out on the limited edition Lanvin collection and now i am about to miss out on one of my favourite designer's sample Sale! I first discovered Olivia Rubin last year when i spotted one of her dresses in a magazine i was reading and needless to say from that day on i became an avid follower of her collections. Since graduating from London's Central St Martins Collge, Rubin has worked for John Galliano and Alexander McQueen, so as you can imagine she has been taught well.

Her collections focus around colourful, feminine prints in the most luxurious silk material; attracting celebrities such as, Cheryl Cole, Fearne Cotton and Tess Daly. My two personal favourites are the Black Miro dress and the Pink Opie dress from the Spring/Summer 2010 collection, and much to my delight, I managed to get my hands on both of them.

Although I have prepared myself for the fact that I won't be able to attend the sale in London, (due to being stuck in Winchester with a ridiculous amount of work to do) I am still going to be keeping an eye out online for any welcome reductions! So, if Olivia Rubin is a new designer to your ears then I highly recommend that you check out her collections as they are certainly not to be missed. Additionally, if you can make it down to the sample sale in London this weekend, I can assure you it will not be a wasted trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet