24 September 2011

Winter is calling!

We all have different ways of telling when the seasons change, when I'm just a bit too hot in my full length jeans and feel the need to whip out the old demin cutoffs, I know summer is coming; when my thin summer scarf just isn't doing the job anymore then I know that Autumn and Winter must be hot on my tail. However, these aren't the only signs that signify a change in the weather; my 'beauty regime' changes too.










For one, I definitely feel the need to use more moisturiser during the winter months, as the cold, the wind and the rain certainly take a toll on my skin and I'm sure I'm not the only one dipping into my moisturiser pot more and more. I have tried all kinds of different moisturisers, but every time I find myself coming back to this Dior one above. I am all for trying different products, but I believe when you find one that works for you, then you should stick to it and after trying countless others I have found that for me, although you pay the price for it; Dior is unbeatable.






As well as this, the usual pinky toned nail polishes I normally go for during the warmer months are put to one side as I dip into my makeup bag and pick a selection of darker and richer coloured nail varnises for when the weather turns colder. It seems I have started this already and as of yesterday the pastel colours I spent all summer collecting have already taken a bit of a back seat as I painted my nails with a fresh coat of red- Chanel Dragon being my one of choice. It just makes everything warmer and more appropriate for the season. As much as I love pink and pastels, there is just something about layering on the red coats of polish as winter draws in.



In terms of fashion, when the weather really does get cold, I absolutely love being able to pull on a big, cosy, wooly hat and scarf to fight off the winter chill and each year I affix my eyes on a different style. This year a selection of winter accessories from Jack Wills have caught my eye yet again! The bobble hat below is right up my street. I just want to put it on!



Boots are another Winter essential and this year I am lusting over this pair of riding style boots from topshop which I am convinced were made for me as I have been searching high and low for a pair JUST like this for months and months. Topshop you have read my mind once again and I intend on thanking you buy purchasing them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet