18 April 2012

Confessions of a Guilty Student

Confession; I've been naughty, really naughty. I'm talking two pairs of shoes and a new summer outfit naughty! I know I'm a poor student with zero money and I know I should be saving my pennies for things I actually need like, uni, polo and the future in general, but I just couldn't resist, like reeeeaaaaally couldn't.

It all started about two weeks ago when I was walking one evening in Winchester in the pouring rain- and I mean pouring and anyone who knows me will know that I absolutely hate getting wet. HATE. Needless to say, despite wearing my trusty barbour I was soaked head to toe (toe in particular) as my already worm-to-the-ground shoes were ruined (this may be slightly exaggerated). It was at this sodden, soaking and generally down point in my life that I realised (decided) that it was time to get some new summer shoes- as afterall who can be seen in ruined white keds throughout this coming summer?!

The shoes, weren't my only problem. I had been yearning for a pair of jeans/chinos/something to wear on my bottom half that were of a nice bright colour. My summer trouser collection is of the beige/black/demin variety and to be quite honest after countless summers in the same dull-ish shades I thought I deserved to invest in something a little brighter. Despite my best efforts I hadn't had much luck in Winchester and so as soon as I returned home it was straight to the shops!

It was shoes first, I tried on all sorts of styles but finally decided on a pir of navy Toms (surprisingly comfortable) and a pair of classic navy vans. I might sound boring chosing navy but I know I'll get the wear out of them as they will go with everything!




After the shoes were sorted I unintentionally came across a rather fetching green jumper from Marks and Spencer Limited Collection. Years ago I would never have entered the store, unless I was being ushered in by my mum to help her pick clothes out. However, over the past three years since they brought out the Limited Range. I practucally live there! They have some amazing pieces and each season I have found countless items which have been staples to my wardrobe and as you can probably guess Spring/Summer 2012 has been no different! On this particular shopping trip I picked up a goreous brihgt mint green jumper which is perfect for the weather at the moment and also works with this seasons bright colours trend. It's alot brighter on the hanger than it is in the picture.




Naturally this was not the only item I found, I also bought a pair of bright blue jeans which are just what I've been looking for, they contrast brilliantly with the jumper and go with both pairs of shoes. I'm going to wear them rolled up with a bright jumper or tee with gladiators or one of the above shoe choices!

This is not all I have to confess, as I have been back on my 'healthy eating regime' (I refuse to call it a diet) and have been back at the gym too. However, as it was Easter I may have slipped up a little ok so, alot! I've been baking, again and this time i didn't just make brownies, I made Orange and Chocolate Easter Egg Cupacakes, Tiffin AND Brownies. OOPS! I might have got slightly carries away. All of which are long gone! The tiffin has been demolished by my dad, the brownies were eaten by my mum and brother and the cupcakes, well I might have had one or two...Better cut down if I want to fit into my new jeans!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet