16 June 2012

This Week I Love...

SHORTS...shorts are huge for summer 2012, very short, butt grazing shorts to be precise. Unfortunately for me I don't have legs like Cameron Diaz or a pefectly toned derriere like J-Lo, meaning that if I want to retain my dignity it's very much a game of looking but definitely, 100% not touching. Nevertheless, for those among us who do have the physique for such shorts, Topshop have some excellent options to chose from and if you're asking me for my favourties- you can't go wrong with denim!


Pair with a crisp white tee and gladiator flats for a heavenly holiday look.

Scalloped edges are pretty and feminine


Or add a bit of sparkle with these denim hotpants!

WHISTLES...This is hardly breaking news, but this season (as with most other seasons)
Whistles have again created a perfect summer 2012 line, full of classic tailoring, chic tees and beautiful prints. As some of their pieces are not exactly made with student pricing in mind, therefore what I usually do is select certain items I may like and them wait and buy them in the sale as not to cause any collateral damage to my bank balance. However, this season, I just couldn't wait and I impulsively bought this staple oversized tee. It's 100% linen and as I will be working in a warm office for the duration of Summer as of monday I figured this would be a nice, light piece to have in my wardrobe. It may look casual, but paired with skinny jeans, a smart blazer, loafers (or heels if you dare) and an oversized bag chic will be the only appropriate phrase.


Picture courtesy of Whistles.com


PINTEREST...I have just joined the new craze that is pinterest and although my boards may currently be a little stark, I have to say that I am actually quite hooked! I don't know what it is about the site I love but I am finding it difficult to not become more addicted! You will have to bare with me on it as it is currently a work in progress.


SALES...It's official, the summer sales have begun and with the horrendous weather we have been getting recently I think we all deserve some bargain shopping to cheer us up and allow us to forget about the endless rain that has hit the UK! I will be keeping my beady little eye on many different designers, with J Brand being my main priority as my need for jeans has suddenly shot through the roof and I am ready to stock buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet