14 June 2011

This week I love...

BEING... on my summer holidays! Yes, another year has gone (more like flown) by although, I now find myself with my THIRD year of university awaiting me. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???!! It feels like only yesterday that I was just a wee fresher moving down to Winchester and into halls, away from home for the first time and NOW i'm nearly finished. wow. To say it's gone fast would be an understatement! I really can't believe it. However, I am looking forward to going to Portugal in July so bring on the sun, sea and sand!!

MY...new room. I have been nagging away for the past few months about having my room re-decorated and my nagging must have finally paid off as whilst I was still away at uni my mum decided to re-decorate my room. Result! And I have to say what a great job she did. It was previously pink (i know, hardly a surprise) and now it is cream. I know that my not sound very exciting but this shade of cream does have a certain je ne sais quoi. Basically, it's got a bit of a kick to it. I have a bit of a thing for bedding anyway so in my book, a new room= new bedding so I wasted no time in kickstarting the search! Originally I found a lovely white, flowery set from Cath Kidston but I found the white too harsh against my walls; it made them look a bit...welll...it wasn't a good look! I took it back and immediately found the perfect set from Laura Ashley. The background is just the right shade of cream with large roses in different shades of pink (I couldn't completely ditch the pink!) It suits like a dream and I have to say I don't want to leave my room!



PEDICURES...Just like any other girl, I love getting pampered, and it is not something I do very often at all. However, with the hype surrounding the new craze for fish spas I just had to try it for myself! I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing, I wasn't sure if I really wanted these little Garra Rufa Fish nibbling on my toes, but I had been told it was effective so I went for it! The fish don't have any teeth so it's not sore; it just kind of feels like a jacuzzi, with all the bubbles at your feet. As you put your feet in they do of course all swarm to your and go a bit crazy for a minute or two which came much to my mum's surprise who burst out in high pitched squeals, thank goodness the salon was empty! She wasn't such a fan, but I would definitely go again for another treatment. My feet were left feeling refeshed and soft after a 15 minute treatment which cost £12 but I think the 30 minute one at £20 would be more beneficial and would last a bit longer. I will definitely be returning, maybe not with my mum...


THE KIXX... I am absolutely loving new band The Kixx, they have just finished supporting Olly Murs on his recent UK tour. I was lucky enough to get to go and see them at the Hammersmith Apollo and they were brilliant! They have some great tracks and they did such a good job warming up the crowd before the main act. I would definitely go and see them again, I think they would put on a great show of their own. Their debut single 'Already gone' came out on 5th June and is a really great track, which played live was even better! Hopefully we will be hearing lots more from these guys in the future, keep a look out as they are sure to be a great hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet