08 August 2011

Paradise in Portugal

I have just returned from what can only be described as a glorious week in Portugal. The sun shone, the sea glistened and the temperature soared. It was a week of pure relaxation which is unusual for us, as our family holidays are usual jam packed with exploring, sight seeing, walking and more walking! Don't get me wrong I love that too, but it was great just to be able to chill out by the pool for the majority of it!

We had a Villa in the algarve for a week, which was only a 10 minute walk into the town and the beach. Heaven. This was our view:




Being able to see the sea in the 30 degree heat made you just want to jump in it! Although we didn't do alot of walking we still managed to get out and see the pretty towns which surrounded us, incorporating any main sights we may like to see along the way.





As I was unable to swim with dolphins (too late in booking it) I was consoled with going dolphin watching; not quite the same, but never the less it was amazing! The boat went so fast that to say I was windswept when I got off would be an understatement! The dolphins were so close to the boat and we were very low down and close to the water that they were in touching distance. They put on quite a show, jumping out of the water and swimming next to and underneath the boat, making it extremely worth while. I definitely just wanted to jump in!!


Should I ever get the chance I would definitely go back, it was such a lovely holiday and I wish we could have stayed longer, but for now I guess it's back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet