17 October 2011

This Week I Love...

Once again, blogging has come up trumps over doing my FYP work! But somehow, I feel it's worth it for another 'This week I Love' post. Anyway... there's always tomorrow!





BROGUES...Despite the mostly sunny weather we've been having in Winchester this week I really just want to wear my brogues. They are not the most summery shoe and I feel I should be saving them for the colder weather but I literally CANNOT wait any longer! I am dreaming of pulling on my thick ribbed tights and thick jumper dress and pairing them with my beloved tan brogues, but at the moment it's just too warm! I have also seen a lovely pair of brogues in River Island this week, which without a second thought I had on my feet, handing my bags to my lovely friend who was already on stand by (think she saw that one coming!) Needless to say I had to resist, I am a student nonetheless. A student who may return to town to retrieve them tomorrow...Of course it was not only the shoes which caught my eye, but this playsuit too. I loves the print on the blouse and the fact it was long sleeved so perfect for during the day when it gets colder or in the evening for nights out. We also saw this amazing hat, which I could not resist putting on (please try to look past my awful face and focus on the beaut of a hat). Sammy of course being there to document the whole thing! Say GRRRRRRRR!!



BOP!...It was our first Polo Team Social of the semester on wednesday and it was a smasher of a night! We were on form and out in force! Our theme was white tees, which I can assure you didnt stay white for long and as you can imagine were absolutely covered in all sorts of horse related phrases. It was just unfortunate we had 9am lectures the following day. Not cool. Next weeks theme is 'My Little Pony'!!! Yes, I mean the cartoon you probably watched when you were about 5 years old! We are going as rainbow coloured ponies so I will let you know how that pans out. I will definitely be getting photos so look out!

VINTAGE...This weekend was the Winchester Vintage Fair in the Guildhall. So, naturally I went along with my shopaholic friend (yes I'm talking to you Bryony) to find out what it was all about; I mean, it would have been rude not to! We wandered through the arts and craft market first then proceeded to the Guildhall to rumage through the rails. Much to our delight there was jewellery, bags, scarfs, clothes and fur coats galore. Rails and rails full of vintage treasures, proving very hard to resist. We also covered the high street shops and worked on getting photgraphs for our photojournalism assignment, which proved more difficult than we first thought, some of my efforts are below. After we had finished we headed to the Cathedral to rest our weary legs where the sun was shining before we went for catchup coffee at Starbucks to meet hard working Claire for a de-brief of the day. Overall, a perfect sunday.










From this photo the fair doesn't look that busy, but this was at the end of the day as we had to go back to get photos as it was absolutely packed earlier in the day.












1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a perfect Sunday! And my bank account will be recovering for a while yet! But the cardi's, bag, scarf and ring are oh so worth it! And what a bargain we both got in Fatface!

    As for the annoying inbetweeney weather, i wish it would MAKE UP ITS MIND and preferably give us some warmth as I love it so! (even if you do have to wait a little longer to get your brogues out :p)

    Bring on photojournalism tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Tweet