13 September 2012

Summer Fun!

This summer has flown by and I'm really struggling to believe that September is already here and in exactly a weeks time I will have moved to Bournemouth, into Post-grad halls and will (hopefully ) be ready to start my Masters. How time flies!

However, this summer has been one of the best (and busiest) summers ever, I secured a job I loved at The White Company, played plenty of polo and have been lucky enough to be able to visit some of my closest friends in their different corners of the country.

One of the most memorable weekends was when I ventured to Cambridge to stay with a couple of my best uni friends. We spent the weekemd sheltering from the torrential downpours of rain in cosy pubs by the river, testing out new nightclubs, punting care-free down the river in our trusty punt Penelope (when the sun did finally appear) and spent afternoons sight-seeing the beautiful colleges and spotting vicars on scooters, only in Cambridge...






I have just this week returned from a 3 day stay with my best friend in Salisbury- one of my favourite places ever! We took a much deserved shopping trip to Bath, where we shopped 'til we dropped and visited the Roman Baths.

Before we would be able to conjour up the energy to carry out any of those activities we needed a hearty breakfast to get us going! We headed to Cote- a lovely French Restaurtant in the heart of Salisbury for a little morning treat. Mine came in the form of a french yoghurt, fruit and a croissant. It was delicious and If you have a Cote near you then I seriously reccommend giving it a go, I can assure that you won't be disappointed!
French breakfast at Cote


Bath

At the Roman Baths


 I absolutely love visitng my friend expecially after the 4 months it had been since I last saw her, but there is one member of the household that I truly adore....their mischievious white and grey cat, Bertie! He is such a character and everytime I visit he finds more trouble to get himself into. This time he decided to climb the bird feeder, as well as play havoc in my room...


Bertie takes residence on the window ledge

Thirsty are we?




Ready for my close-up!



Time for a cat nap


I wonder if they'll find me under here?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet