Again.
As my work load has (slightly) died down, I have decided to grab this opportunity with both hands and write a new little post on my latest adventure. Any of you who read my blof regularly will be aware that most of my 'adventures' tend to involve food and I'm not ashamed to say that this one is no different!
Now, it's well documented that I love a good cake. I love to bake them but most of all I like to eat them. And today as a post-Birthday treat, my wonderful Auntie took me for Afternoon Tea at the Chewton Glen Hotel in Hampshire.
Ever since I moved further south for University my Auntie and I seem to have developed a small habit of gallavanting round Hampshire/Dorchester testing the best hotels in the area for Afternoon Tea.
Today we continued on our Afternoon Tea Tour and I think we found another gem. To say it was 'good' would be an almighty understatement; it was bloody scrumptious.
The Hotel is set in such beautiful surroundings (unfortunately my camera decided to run out of memory space hence why I don't have any pictures- typical!) but the lounge we sat in for Tea looked out onto the croquet lawn and beyond onto the carefully maintained gardens. Despite the mist- it still looked beautiful.
The tea itself was so delicious. A selection of sandwiches; fruit scones with jam and clotted cream and a mouth-watering selection of cakes (which we truly demolished) were presented delightfully, served quickly and scoffed at the same pace... (we waste nothing)
The hotel had a beautiful courtyard and just on the inside of the entrance door lay a row of perfectly arranged Hunter Wellingtons, ready and waiting any guests who wished to take a stroll through the grounds. Only in England.
I highly, recommend The Chewton Glen it's by far one of the best hotels for Afternoon Tea that I have ever been to and I will without a doubt be re-visiting for more tea and cake in the near future or if I'm exceptionally lucky, maybe a cheeky spa day....
No comments:
Post a Comment